Friday, May 30, 2014

What kind of God is this?

      "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
  -Philippians 4:11-13

     I finally know what this means! When I was a kid I always thought, "how is that even possible? Does he force himself to be happy by putting tape on the corners of his mouth and force a smile?"

      In this life, things are tough. We can't live like we are kids anymore. We can't control other things and people.  We can only choose to control our own thoughts. We can choose to have God in our lives. We can choose to trust him inside the chaos, the storms in life. He is our peace. He is our life. I'm not just speaking out of my hole here. I genuinely faced the junk. I have been through some junk in my life. I've been in some pretty rotten spots that I honestly believe would hurt anyone. I'm talking from experience here, He is my Lord in all things when Ive been there. I'm not just saying this to sound holy or some junk. Anybody can do this.....Seriously guys.
     You don't need to be "happy" about all the rotten happening in your life but you can be "content" knowing that He is all. He has you. You'll never be without (food,clothing,life) when you hope in Him. You are His. Take serious note in "when you hope in Him."
        He loves us. Nothing can break that. This God of risked everything to rescue His beloved (that's you). He created everything with the full knowledge that someday there will be people who choose to reject Him. We would beat and torture Him if we get the chance. What kind of God do we serve who does this? That is true love.

1 comment:

Chris Kelly said...

Yup! So true. Thanks for reminding me!